Skip to main content

Innocence



Title: Innocence
Author: Lee Savino, Stacia Black
Release Date: May 26, 2019
Genre: Dark Romance
Standalone: No, ends with a cliffhanger


I’m king of the criminal underworld. I always get what I want. And she’s my obsession. Cora is new to the city of sin. Her innocent blue eyes beg for me to claim her. But I’m not the billionaire she thinks I am. There’s a darkness within me. And Cora is a shining light. She’s beautiful. A virgin. I’m ruthless. A beast. She found me for a reason. She’ll be my queen. I’ll give her everything that her heart desires. Except for one thing. Her freedom. She’s mine to keep, and I’m never letting her go. Note: This is a dark mafia romance with dark and intense sensual scenes. It is the first in a trilogy.








This is the first book of Marcus and Cora's story. There are two more books in the sequel follows the main event. It's a modern mafia retelling of Hades and Persephone of Greek Mythology. The first half was quite boring. It was only about Marcus courting Cora. But the second half was literally awesome. At first, I hated how Marcus treated Cora, she had no fault. She was just a pawn for Marcus but he fell in love with her. Cora took a bullet for him, so there's no question how much she loves him. It's a wonderful book.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: From Blood and Ash

From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout My rating: 5 of 5 stars This is one of the best books I read this year. I was a bit reluctant to read it because it's really long but I am glad I gave this book a try. If I didn't I wouldn't know what I was missing. I must admit the beginning of the book was very slow. Also, I felt tons of information was thrown towards the end like a bucket full of water. It could have been progressed slowly. I was almost lost because lots of information at the same time does that. Both protagonists are excellent. Poppy is a maiden, I felt bad for her. She didn't have any choice in her life. Everything was already decided for her because she is the maiden. She longed for a normal life. Even though she is sheltered, she isn't weak. Rather she can fight, protect herself on her own which I loved. Now Hawke or Casteel, how I do mention him. From the beginning, he felt suspicious to me. But I didn't thi...

Review: The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones

The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones by Daven McQueen This is such a beautiful story. The plot revolves around Ethan and Juniper and their unforgettable summer in 1955. Although I loved the book, I have a few issues. The writing of this author isn't very mature. I heard it's a Wattpad story. I think the author should have polished the book a little bit more before publishing. The sentence structure was poor and the word choice wasn't rich either. Also, Juniper's family issue wasn't focused much. It was mostly focused on Ethan and his struggle. I would love to read more about her. The main issue I have with this book is the title because when I read the first chapter I immediately knew something bad happened to Juniper. It gave away the major plot twist. However, these issues can be overlooked because the plot is tragic and beautiful at the same time. Nonetheless, Its a story about friendship, innocence, and racism. Arc provided through NetGa...