Skip to main content

We Should All Be Feminists


Title: We Should All Be Feminist
Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Genre: Essay
Release Date: 2014
Standalone: Of Course

What does “feminism” mean today? That is the question at the heart of We Should All Be Feminists, a personal, eloquently-argued essay—adapted from her much-viewed TEDx talk of the same name—by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, the award-winning author of Americanah and Half of a Yellow Sun. With humor and levity, here Adichie offers readers a unique definition of feminism for the twenty-first century—one rooted in inclusion and awareness. She shines a light not only on blatant discrimination, but also the more insidious, institutional behaviors that marginalize women around the world, in order to help readers of all walks of life better understand the often masked realities of sexual politics. Throughout, she draws extensively on her own experiences—in the U.S., in her native Nigeria, and abroad—offering an artfully nuanced explanation of why the gender divide is harmful for women and men, alike. Argued in the same observant, witty and clever prose that has made Adichie a bestselling novelist, here is one remarkable author’s exploration of what it means to be a woman today—and an of-the-moment rallying cry for why we should all be feminists.





This is one of the best books about feminism I have read so far. It talks about the real issue, I felt really connected with the author. There are many things a girl has to endure just because she is a girl. There are many things I have to face every single day because I am a girl. This book is totally relatable, also gives us a message that we have the power to teach the next generation gender neutrality.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: From Blood and Ash

From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout My rating: 5 of 5 stars This is one of the best books I read this year. I was a bit reluctant to read it because it's really long but I am glad I gave this book a try. If I didn't I wouldn't know what I was missing. I must admit the beginning of the book was very slow. Also, I felt tons of information was thrown towards the end like a bucket full of water. It could have been progressed slowly. I was almost lost because lots of information at the same time does that. Both protagonists are excellent. Poppy is a maiden, I felt bad for her. She didn't have any choice in her life. Everything was already decided for her because she is the maiden. She longed for a normal life. Even though she is sheltered, she isn't weak. Rather she can fight, protect herself on her own which I loved. Now Hawke or Casteel, how I do mention him. From the beginning, he felt suspicious to me. But I didn't thi...

Review: The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones

The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones by Daven McQueen This is such a beautiful story. The plot revolves around Ethan and Juniper and their unforgettable summer in 1955. Although I loved the book, I have a few issues. The writing of this author isn't very mature. I heard it's a Wattpad story. I think the author should have polished the book a little bit more before publishing. The sentence structure was poor and the word choice wasn't rich either. Also, Juniper's family issue wasn't focused much. It was mostly focused on Ethan and his struggle. I would love to read more about her. The main issue I have with this book is the title because when I read the first chapter I immediately knew something bad happened to Juniper. It gave away the major plot twist. However, these issues can be overlooked because the plot is tragic and beautiful at the same time. Nonetheless, Its a story about friendship, innocence, and racism. Arc provided through NetGa...