Skip to main content

Review: Be My Hero

Be My Hero Be My Hero by Linda Kage
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First of all, I don't like the cover. Sorry, not sorry. I have no grudge against pregnant women, instead I respect them because giving birth is a Hella hard. But u have to admit this cover is hideous.

Now there's a saying, never judge a book by its cover. Which is true because this book is really good.

The hero and heroine doesn't actually gets intimate untill almost 70% of the book which is cool because if the protagonists get together early I mostly lost interest . However I was a bit bored at some point because they don't do anything. The hero goes to work and the heroine takes care of the household, they talk, eat and sleep. That's all. The ending was also a bit abrupt. However, I enjoyed it.

Trigger warning : rape (off page) , pedophilia(off page) , child neglect (on page)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: From Blood and Ash

From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout My rating: 5 of 5 stars This is one of the best books I read this year. I was a bit reluctant to read it because it's really long but I am glad I gave this book a try. If I didn't I wouldn't know what I was missing. I must admit the beginning of the book was very slow. Also, I felt tons of information was thrown towards the end like a bucket full of water. It could have been progressed slowly. I was almost lost because lots of information at the same time does that. Both protagonists are excellent. Poppy is a maiden, I felt bad for her. She didn't have any choice in her life. Everything was already decided for her because she is the maiden. She longed for a normal life. Even though she is sheltered, she isn't weak. Rather she can fight, protect herself on her own which I loved. Now Hawke or Casteel, how I do mention him. From the beginning, he felt suspicious to me. But I didn't thi...

Review: The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones

The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones by Daven McQueen This is such a beautiful story. The plot revolves around Ethan and Juniper and their unforgettable summer in 1955. Although I loved the book, I have a few issues. The writing of this author isn't very mature. I heard it's a Wattpad story. I think the author should have polished the book a little bit more before publishing. The sentence structure was poor and the word choice wasn't rich either. Also, Juniper's family issue wasn't focused much. It was mostly focused on Ethan and his struggle. I would love to read more about her. The main issue I have with this book is the title because when I read the first chapter I immediately knew something bad happened to Juniper. It gave away the major plot twist. However, these issues can be overlooked because the plot is tragic and beautiful at the same time. Nonetheless, Its a story about friendship, innocence, and racism. Arc provided through NetGa...