Skip to main content

Enemies



Title: Enemies
Author: Tijan
Published: December 2nd, 2019
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Sports
Standalone: Yes

Stone Reeves was my neighbor, and I’ve hated him since sixth grade. Gorgeous and charismatic, he became the town’s football god, while I became the town’s invisible girl. He went to a Division 1 school for football, while my father was fired by his father. His team won the National Championship, while my mother died the same day. He was a first round pick for the NFL ... … while I made the worst decision in my life. Now I’m in Texas trying to pick up the pieces of my life. But, Stone is here. Stone is everywhere. It doesn’t matter that disaster has struck my life again. It doesn’t matter that he’s the one trying to console me. It doesn’t matter that he’s the nation’s newest football obsession. Because for me, he always has been and always will be my enemy.




Enemies is such a beautiful story. It's raw, emotional and angsty. Dusty was such a remarkably strong character. Her life turns upside down when her father and stepmother dies. Stone steps into her life once again and help her through a tough time.

When I say again, it meant they were friends until Stone decided to not hanging with her anymore. Many things happen between the time when they weren't in touch. Stone had shitty parents who made Dusty's life a living hell. 

The chemistry between the protagonists was undeniable. It filled with so many sad emotions. The author's style of writing was too good. She carried the emotional stuff in the book very boldly. Even I felt Dusty's anger, cry and helplessness. 

There are some issues in this book which never were explained and a few events occurred which I didn't like. Nevertheless, it's a really emotional book, filled with many feelings.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: Bittersweet Always

Bittersweet Always by Ella Fields My rating: 5 of 5 stars Etc View all my reviews

Review: Beard Science

Beard Science by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews