Skip to main content

Review: Angry God

Angry God Angry God by L.J. Shen
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I only read this book because of all the positive reviews. I did not finish the previous book in this series because that was really bad. Turns out this book is also the same. For some reason, I feel this series is overhyped. 



Even though it's Vaughn's story I felt Vicious is the hero because towards the end Vicious is the one who killed the person who molested Vaughn. It should have done by Vaughn because it's his story. Vicious and Emilia barely had any scenes. It felt the author tried hard to make a bond between Vicious and Vaughn and she failed miserably.

One thing bothered me a lot, the repetition of the same thing over the book. The author does the same thing for almost all her books. It wasn't intriguing, it felt more basic. I don't understand the point of Vaughn's bullying Lenora. It didn't make any sense and whats this blood-drinking crap? It was gross.



I didn't find anything dark about Vaughn. I don't understand how this is even a dark romance?

I genuinely liked Poppy in this book and shipped her with Hunter. I was kinda disappointed to see her with Raffaete. 

There weren't many events with the characters of the previous books which left me unsatisfied. I don't know if there will be more books in the future, but I would love to read about Poppy, I think she deserves a book after all the shit she went through. I just hope the author changes the plot. Instead of making dramas that don't make sense, I would love to see dramas that make sense in her books.

Overall this book is nothing extraordinary and predictable. 

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: Bittersweet Always

Bittersweet Always by Ella Fields My rating: 5 of 5 stars Etc View all my reviews

Review: Beard Science

Beard Science by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews