Skip to main content

The Maddest Obsession


Title: The maddest obsession
Series: Made#2
Author: Danielle Lori
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Published: April 15th, 2019
Standalone: Yes (I recommend reading the first book)

She fears the dark. He rules it. Her dresses are too tight, her heels too tall. She laughs too loudly, eats without decorum, and mixes up most sayings in the book. Little do most know it’s just a sparkly disguise, there to hide one panic attack at a time. Nobody can crack Gianna’s facade . . . no one anyway, until he comes along. Most see a paragon of morality; a special agent upholding the law. In the New York underworld, others know him as a hustler, a killer, his nature as cold as the heart of ice in his chest. Christian Allister has always followed the life plan he’d envisioned in his youth, beneath the harsh lights of a frigid, damp cell. With a proclivity for order and the number three, he’s never been tempted to veer off course. But perhaps one should never say never . . . One winter night and their lives intertwine. She hates him—his stone-cold demeanor, his arrogance and too-perceptive eye—but over the years, even as their games consist of insulting each other’s looks and intelligence, she begins to live to play with him. Nowhere in Christian’s plans had he ever prepared for Gianna. She’s chaos embodied, not his type, and married, but none of that can stop his eyes from following her wherever she goes. All along, she doesn’t even know that she’s his—his frustration, his fascination.




At first, I didn't have any interest in reading this book. Both protagonists Gianna and Allister were introduced in the previous book. However, I didn't find them much interesting. Then one day, suddenly I just decided to read it randomly. I loved the first book and the author is my favorite so I decided to just give it a try. I thought I wouldn't even finish this one but the moment I started reading I just couldn't stop.

I wanted to slap myself for not reading it sooner. This book completely blew me away. I finished this book in one sitting because I just needed to know what happens. This book is emotional and beautiful.

I thought I wouldn't like Gianna or Allister but I loved them. 
Gianna was a hot mess, her life was so sad, she is feisty,lonely and strong. 

Allister was fucked up, but his love for Gianna is undeniable. He is cold and a ruthless killer . I love their bantering, also the push and pull.

Gianna wanted to feel the feeling of belonging, she wanted to be loved by Allister who is cold, doesn't show emotions. But she had no idea Allister was obsessed with her from the very first time he saw her. His eyes were only for her. The revelation was shocking. The chemistry between them is explosive.




Most of the time I get annoyed when authors write long books filled with sexual tension but Danielle Lori, she nailed it. She is just remarkably good at it. 

I highly recommend this book also any book by this author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: Bittersweet Always

Bittersweet Always by Ella Fields My rating: 5 of 5 stars Etc View all my reviews

Review: Beard Science

Beard Science by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews