Skip to main content

The Sweetest Oblivion


Title: The Sweetest Oblivion
Series: Made #1
Author: Danielle Lori
Published June 20th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Standalone: Yes






Danielle Lori is now one of my most favorite authors. This book is a masterpiece. Danielle's writing style is elaborate, she expressed the characters' emotions remarkably. This book was filled with passion, emotion, warmth, tension, and humor.

I loved Nico, he was possessive when it comes to Elena. It was dangerous but passionate at the same time. He tried hard to fight his feelings for her but in the end, he just couldn't.




Elena was also a likable character. At first, she came out as a bit sassy, but as the story progress she turns out a young girl who just falls in love with Nico. She knows his reputation, tries to stay away from him, tried very hard to control her undeniable attraction and feelings for Nico but in the end, she couldn't.




I wish the book had more points of view from Nico, most of this book is from Elena's perspective. Nico's obsession with Elena was alluring and it made this book wonderful.

Nico had a different idea about Elena's reputation before because of the rumor and what she had done before meeting him. This changes when they got together and Nico slowly realized how inexperienced Elena was and it confused him. Elena also had different ideas about Nico but it slowly changed as they got closer. 

I didn't like what Elena did behind Nico's back but I understand her reasons. I think it also played a good part in the plot as Elena tells what actually happened and it clears Nico's confusion. 

The whole book they both had different assumptions about each other, but their attraction was so undeniable they couldn't help their feelings. The confession was almost at the end of the book and it was worth the wait.

I would definitely recommend this book. It's a must-read for people who love mafia romances with a possessive hero.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: Bittersweet Always

Bittersweet Always by Ella Fields My rating: 5 of 5 stars Etc View all my reviews

Review: Beard Science

Beard Science by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews