Skip to main content

Review: Hideaway

Hideaway Hideaway by Penelope Douglas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was better than the first one from this series. I enjoyed the journey. Banks and Kai were decent protagonists. The push and pull between them kind of annoyed me but at the same time I enjoyed it. Banks being Damon's sister was a big plot twist. I didn't see that coming. I was annoyed seeing everyone's shitty parents such as Micheal's, Damon's and Rika's. It was good to see Kai have decent parents. It's a good change otherwise, it would feel repetitive. Will was almost nonexistent in this book. Alex was great. However, something about this series doesn't feel right. I feel the author tried desperately to make the character's dark, mysterious but it seemed forced, not natural. Everyone desperately wants to be bad guys or bad girls in this book. It's like forcing darkness when there isn't any.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: Bittersweet Always

Bittersweet Always by Ella Fields My rating: 5 of 5 stars Etc View all my reviews

Review: Beard Science

Beard Science by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews