Skip to main content

Review: Hook Shot

Hook Shot Hook Shot by Kennedy Ryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I almost gave up on this author. In Long Shot, I just didn't felt enough connection between the protagonist's and Block Shot is total rubbish. I was reluctant to start this book but when Lotus was introduced in Long Shot, I immediately liked her. Her bond with Iris was remarkable. I am glad I decided to read it because when I finished it, I realized this book is just incredible.

Lotus is strong and independent. She knows what she wants but her trauma is holding her back. A the beginning she kind of irritated me, especially when she broke up with Chase. This is what Lotus said when she broke up with him.

“Awwww, is rejection new for you and your dick?” I make a fake sad face. “I feel so bad for the two of you.”


I don't know if it's a good way to break up. The guy clearly cared for her. However, the guy turned out an asshole. he liked her but he also harassed her. He took her photo when she was unaware and then auctioned the picture although he didn't sell them but he didn't ask her permission for any of those. I was glad when Keenan went to him and gave him a dose of medicine he needed.

Keenan and Lotus's relationship was fine. Their chemistry was undeniable and I love the growth of their relationship. It was humble and mature.

“Don’t be embarrassed,” he says, searching my face intently. “I’m glad you like my body.”


I would have been embarrassed if I am checking out a guy and he catches me. It was hilarious.

Some quotes from the book:

"From one friend to another,” he says, his voice rough and husky, “you smell incredible


“I thought I told you not to call me Button,” she says by way of greeting.
“I thought we agreed I would when we’re alone.”


It was fun to see all the celebrity references such as the one following:

“I sure did. He was so fine,” Yari agrees half-dreamily. “Now you know a man is fine when he has a gimpy dick and he can still get it. Okurrrr.”
“Don’t invoke Cardi B,” I say with a grin.


Bridget annoyed me. I think Simona's attempted suicide was actually her fault. If she was accepting of lotus and Keenan's relationship things right have been different. I needed more Avery and Decker. Although I am not a fan of Jared or Banner, I felt it would be great if they made more appearances in this book. Although Iris and Agust made quite well appearances I needed more. I know I am being greedy.

Lotus is a tough, independent woman. She is relatable and a fighter. I had to respect he because of her fierceness. Kenaan is loving and understanding.

I don't know much about Voodoo magic but it was different and entertaining. Overall, I enjoyed this book tremendously.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: Bittersweet Always

Bittersweet Always by Ella Fields My rating: 5 of 5 stars Etc View all my reviews

Review: Beard Science

Beard Science by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews