Skip to main content

Review: Mating Theory

Mating Theory Mating Theory by Skye Warren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is just awesome. The emotions, the feels. I absolutely loved it. I was totally invested in the plot. I kind of predicted what is going to happen but the author's writing style is remarkable and it kept me on the edge. It was a total page-turner. I finished it in one sitting.

From the beginning the chemistry between Sutton and Ashleigh was undeniable. The age gap, social status, everything made it some sort of taboo aspect of their relationship. But they overcome every difference. They find each other at a time they needed each other.



The separation towards the end was unnecessary. I understand Ashleigh was underage and Sutton wanted to let her experience her life before settling down. But it just felt totally unnecessary, because they could have contact in the meantime without engaging in the sexual act until she becomes an adult. Good thing, both of them remain celibate. I am tired of books where hero fucks plenty of women during separation and heroine doesn't. However, I must admit Sutton is actually a good and responsible person. Even though he may have taken advantage of Ashleigh but when he finds out the truth about her he treats her like a human being and helps her in every way to achieve her dreams.

I was glad that there is no sharing. When I started the book and learned Sutton often participated in threesomes with the two people he loved, I was reluctant to continue. I was afraid what if he shares Ashleigh? But luckily he has a sense and doesn't do anything like that. Instead, he was determined that he would never share her.


I was glad they both found their happiness and solace in each other. The ending was a bit rushed and I wanted a bit more lengthy epilogue. I mostly don't like lengthy books but this book needed an elaborate epilogue. I needed more of them together. Nonetheless, It an entertaining, emotional story about healing and trusting.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: Bittersweet Always

Bittersweet Always by Ella Fields My rating: 5 of 5 stars Etc View all my reviews

Review: Beard Science

Beard Science by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews