Skip to main content

Review: From Blood and Ash

From Blood and Ash From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of the best books I read this year. I was a bit reluctant to read it because it's really long but I am glad I gave this book a try. If I didn't I wouldn't know what I was missing.

I must admit the beginning of the book was very slow. Also, I felt tons of information was thrown towards the end like a bucket full of water. It could have been progressed slowly. I was almost lost because lots of information at the same time does that.

Both protagonists are excellent. Poppy is a maiden, I felt bad for her. She didn't have any choice in her life. Everything was already decided for her because she is the maiden. She longed for a normal life. Even though she is sheltered, she isn't weak. Rather she can fight, protect herself on her own which I loved.

Now Hawke or Casteel, how I do mention him. From the beginning, he felt suspicious to me. But I didn't think he would the The Dark One . At the same time, I felt bad for Poppy. She had no idea and the whole thing was devastating.

Now I have one question. When Poppy and Hawke/Casteel meet the first time they kiss. Now it's confusing because Poppy was wearing a mask that covers half of her face. So how did they kiss exactly?

Anyway, I definitely get the hype of the book. It's actually very interesting.

Impressive plot ✔
A swoon-worthy hero ✔
A strong heroine ✔
Action-packed ✔
Excellent supporting characters ✔
Outstanding romantic development ✔

“You stand before Craven with no fear.” He dragged his lips over mine. “But you blush and shiver when I speak of how slick and wonderful you feel against me.”

  I was definitely flushing even more now. “You’re so inappropriate.”




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Beard in Mind

Beard in Mind by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews

Review: Bittersweet Always

Bittersweet Always by Ella Fields My rating: 5 of 5 stars Etc View all my reviews

Review: Beard Science

Beard Science by Penny Reid My rating: 5 of 5 stars Rtc View all my reviews